The Sprouting Minds Learning Centre Inc. announces a search for a preschool teacher for its Early Learning Center (ELC). This person will join a growth-oriented and collaborative learning community committed to the school’s mission and core values. The ELC program is inspired by the work of educators in Reggio Emilia, Italy. The program follows an emergent curriculum and is guided by NAEYC’s Developmentally Appropriate Practices for Young Children. We are dedicated to providing an environment that acknowledges and supports each child’s ability to construct an understanding of his or her world in a creative and intrinsically motivated fashion. Emphasis is on listening to the children’s ideas and building curriculum and projects around those interests. Sprouting Minds Learning Centre Inc. views the child as co-researchers who collaborate to extend ideas and make learning meaningful.
DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The successful candidate must demonstrate passion for early childhood education, possess a nurturing teaching style, high energy and a sense of humor, and interact collaboratively with others.
- Providing for the safety and well-being of all children
- Establishing and maintaining an engaging classroom environment that supports emerging work of students and all developing areas
- Creating learning experiences that support an emergent and inquiry-based curriculum
- Adhering to the philosophical guidelines of the ELC program including: classroom practices, documentation, portfolio development, newsletter writing
- Assessing children’s progress and preparing progress reports
- Coordinating responsibilities with a team of teachers to develop a consistent program between classes
- Supporting the professional growth of an assistant teacher
- Reflecting on the work of children and teachers
- Partnering and communicating effectively with parents
- Conducting parent/teacher conferences using PBS guidelines
- Participating in opportunities for professional growth and development
- Assisting in the admissions process for students
- Complying with Child Care Licensing regulations and ensuring that the requirements of the Community Care and Assisted Living Act are being met at all times.
- The position requires an ECE Certificate and teaching experience. Preferred qualifications include a demonstrated understanding of the Reggio Emilia Approach.
- Minimum education an ECE Certificate and a valid License to practice.
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Minimum of six months of teaching experience with children ages 3 to 6 years.
- Consistency, professionalism, and strong communication and collaboration skills are essential as you will be working with a co-teacher.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Based on experience
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter, philosophy statement, resume, and contact information for three references. Address in your letter your experience with Reggio approaches and/or emergent curriculum.
Please combine all documents into a single PDF and send to:
Manaal Mahmood, Director of School – firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line should read: ECE Preschool Teacher – (your last name).