Our goal at Sprouting Minds Preschool is to cultivate the skills that will become the foundation of a life of happiness and success. These skills include cooperative and individual problem-solving, analytical thinking, emotional intelligence and empathy, cultural competence, as well as early literacy, math skills and real-world preparation.
To achieve this, and guided by the Reggio Emilia approach to teaching, our curriculum is built around a series of explorations that grow out of the children’s own interests. They are playful, but far more than “play” – combining the power of the children’s boundless curiosity with an expertly guided investigative approach that immerses the children in the process and joys of real discovery.
We will create a rich, meaningful early childhood experience as well as help your child build a strong foundation for a love of learning. Our days will be filled with art, music, building, dancing, singing, cooking, gardening, yoga, and awesome outdoor adventures.
We will deliver the early year’s curriculum in a number of ways, through:
– Construction and small world play
– Heuristic play
– Large and fine motor skills and experiences
– Literacy and numerical skills
– Role play and imaginative opportunities
– Water, sand and maliable experiences
– Stories and mark making
– Creative workshops
– Outdoor play and exploration
– Exploring and investigating science and nature
– Dance, music and sensory experiences